Hand Held XRF
Enviropacific Services own and hire two Field Portable XRF Analysers – The NITON Xlp and Innov-X Omega. Both units are available for dry hire or with an operator. Handheld XRF’s allow for :
- In-situ soil analysis for rapid, comprehensive site investigations:
- Delineate metals present and contamination patterns;
- Measure high volume of field tests to minimise off-site analytical costs;
- Establish contamination boundaries and depth profiles for remediation and disposal;
- Collecting soil cores? Test directly through plastic corings;
- Works directly on bagged soil samples.
Advantages of Field Portable XRF
The advent of field-portable XRF analysers has completely revolutionised environmental testing. Site sampling need no longer be a limiting factor in a comprehensive site investigation. In the past, studies relied exclusively on expensive and time consuming laboratory analysis based on samples they hoped fully characterised the site. Used to check the composition of soils, debris, run-off streams, dust wipes, coatings, corings, paints, plastic and wood. Portable XRF provides cost-effective, timely analysis. One simple test can analyse up to 25 separate elements in seconds, including priority pollutants. Portable XRF analysers help you determine zonal and contamination patterns; track pollutant migration caused by extreme weather; perform real-time surveys to delineate and define metals present; essentially, help you evaluate data at the site for a rapid, comprehensive site investigation while you’re there.