Asbestos in Soil
Daracon (Bovis Lend Lease Project)
Excavation and remediation for construction of Charlestown extensions
Project involved all bulk and detail excavation and remediation works to enable the construction of the new extension of the Charlestown Square Shopping Centre, The New Charlestown Bowling Club, Kahibah Child Care Centre, St Johns Sport Field and all road works required for the construction.
- Disconnection of existing services and removal of redundant underground stormwater and sewer service
- Strip to stockpile 6,500 m3 of topsoil.
- Excavate, segregate, cart, spread for re-use in a different site and compact 20,000 M3 of inert/VENM soil.
- Excavate and dispose of 4,000m3 of Asbestos impacted Soil.
- Cut to fill 30,000m3 of Asbestos Impacted soil followed by capping with marker layer and 6,000m3 of engineered clay cap.
- Chase and excavate to stockpile 850m3 of slag impacted soil.
- Construction of on-site slag encapsulation cell including the supply and installation of GCL layer.
- Bulk excavation, batters and sub grade trimming to accommodate all roads, basements, car parks and ground slabs.
- Detail excavation required for the installation of new services, pile caps and foundations required for the construction.
Delfin Lend Lease
St Marys, NSW
Former ADI Site Remediation – St Marys
The ADI Site was a former Commonwealth Government Business entity that used the property as a munitions factory from 1940 up until its closure in 1993. Residential development commenced in 2004 with Enviropacific conducting ongoing remediation works on future residential stages.
- Remediation of asbestos contaminated soils in various areas and removal of AC conduits.
- Remediation of PCB contaminated soils
- Removal of SMF encased piping under former rail bridge.
- Removal and remediation of redundant service infrastructure including sewers, stormwater pipes, and signal cables. Care was taken around all sewer lines due to the possibility of traces of TNT and RDX. Implementation of GPS Materials Tracking System for removal of all removed infrastructure.
- Enviropacific worked closely with UXO contractor Gtek during remediation to assess for unexploded ordinances. All remediated areas were subsequently approved for residential development with site auditor sign off under NEPM A guidelines.
- Sourcing and management of the importation of 20 000m3 of fill