Treatment of PCB impacted soils at Kurnell
Treatment of approximately 2,200 m3 of PCB Impacted Soils using a mobile direct fired thermal desorption plant that thermally treats contaminated soils at approximately 4 tonnes per hour. A pugmill was also utilised to immobilise 2,000 tonnes of PAH / TPH Impacted Soils which were then disposed of to landfill.
- Obtained approvals from the NSW DECC to under the POEO and EHC Acts to undertake the thermal treatment of the PCB contaminated soils on this site.
- PAH/TPH contaminated soils were processed in accordance with a Specific Immobilisation Approval from the NSW DECC.
- Project Work was undertaken in accordance with the Remedial Action Plan prepared by JBS Environmental
- The thermal process was subject to rigorous Proof of Performance emissions and soil testing
Albert Park, VIC
Remediation Albert Park Secondary College
Demolition of slabs, footings, services and excavation of ‘baseworks’ contamination. Mobilisation of batch thermal desorption equipment for the treatment of category A PAH contaminated soil.
Excavation of approximately 3000 m3 of additional PAH and cyanide contaminated material disposed of and treated under EPA Victoria Hazard Reclassifications. Reinstatement of all excavations under level one supervision and placement of geotextile marker layer. Set out and excavation of all service runs and foundation excavations for future construction works.
- Excavation and stockpiling of approximately 5000 m3 of PAH and cyanide contaminated soil
- Batch thermal desorption of 500 m3 of Category A soil
- Off-site disposal of 1000 m3 of Category B soil
- Obtain hazard reclassification for approximately 2000 m3 of Category A soil to facilitate off-site disposal as Category B
- Cement stabilisation of 1000 m3 of Category A soil under EPA approval to allow off-site disposal
- Set out and pre-excavation of all service runs, foundation and lift pits for future construction works
- Placement of geotextile marker layer
- Import of validated sandy clay for reinstatement of construction excavations
- Supply and placement of crushed rock capping layer